“The deep roots never doubt spring will come.”Marty Rubin
The promise of spring holds particular joy for me. Even though we are all in pretty weird times, spring is still here for us. My birthday is in this season, and spring offers another fresh start to the year and another validation that new life is about to emerge. All the spring bulbs are popping up and the weather is getting warmer and sunnier. The hills are green again! Birds are really busy fluffing their nests and there is new energy amongst the wildlife. Have you noticed? New ideas could be budding forth, and a positive life force is here for us to tap into now.
Spring has plenty of magic for everyone. A metaphor that resonates with me is seeing myself as a garden. I have been incubating new ideas in my greenhouse. As I move them outside, these tender seedlings need a little bit of extra TLC, attention and support now, and sometimes protection. A big cold wind can be a threat to them. We’ve had our share of harsh winds lately but this too shall pass.
What threatens your new idea or project? Is there a cold wind blowing in your mind? Perhaps someone else is giving you the chill or raining on your new idea. A little bit of rain can be a good thing, but a lot can wipe out all your flowers before they’ve had a chance to bloom. Don’t let your budding ideas die out.
Be discerning who you choose to share your new starts with. Make sure these little lights of inspiration have a chance to develop and thrive before inviting outside opinion. This new beginning life cycle we’re in can be a great advantage to us, especially with a new project waiting to unfold. Spring is a time of growth. Use it!
Here are some Goddess ways to nurture this spring energy.
1. Bring flowers inside to remind you of the exciting power of new life.
2. Write down special wishes, desires and needs on a slip of paper and plant in the soil outside to grow along with other plants and flowers.
3. Wear green, the verdant color of nature and growth, and let renewed vitality fill you.
4. Eat and drink green foods—green smoothies, green tea, leafy greens. Drink from a green cup.
5. Gather all your green gemstones — malachite, aventurine, peridot, agate, green calcite, chrysoprase — and put them together in a pretty container where you will see them throughout the day.
I encourage you to think up more fun ways to celebrate spring energy. I’d love to hear what you come up with.
Gorgeously yours in health and in spring,